- Published: 01 September 2011
- GTL Energy adds experienced engineering and project delivery leader
- Founder, inventor to continue as consultant
Adelaide – GTL Energy Ltd, an Australian based technology company, announces the following changes to its technical and project delivery team to support the company in its pursuit of worldwide opportunities to commercialize its revolutionary, cost-effective and energy efficient drying process to beneficiate low rank coals. The technology developed by GTL Energy removes moisture from low rank coals and converts the product into briquettes which feature higher energy content, reduced emissions, improved handling and transportation characteristics and increased market value.
- Rainer J. Stephenson has joined the company as its Vice President of Engineering and Project Delivery. Rainer has extensive experience with process engineering, plant design and project delivery and was previously Engineering Manager for the Roberts & Schaefer (KBR subsidiary) Mining Division. He holds a BS in Chemical Engineering from the University of Utah.
- Robert R. French, company founder and inventor and formerly its Chief Technology Officer, has retired from daily activities and will continue his support of GTLE in a consulting role as its Chief Technology Adviser.
Fred Schulte, GTLE CEO, said “We are extremely pleased by the addition of Rainer to the GTLE leadership team. His extensive industry experience in plant design and project delivery will serve the company well as its focus shifts from technology development to the design and delivery of commercial scale plants. We are also extremely appreciative of the dedication and innovative efforts of Bob French that have brought the GTLE technology to its advanced state and pleased that he will be continuing to support our further efforts in this area.”